The Utah Colorectal Cancer Control Program (a division of the UCCP) offers a limited number of free colonoscopies to average risk, uninsured Utahns ages 50 to 64.
Applications are accepted beginning in June of each year. Only 300 colonoscopies are available, and slots fill up quickly.
To qualify, applicants must:
- be between 50 and 64 years old
- be low income
- be at average risk for colorectal cancer
- have no symptoms of colorectal cancer or other bowel conditions*
- have never had a colonoscopy
- have no health insurance
- be a documented U.S. resident
- be a Utah resident
- Rectal bleeding, bloody diarrhea, or blood in the stool within the past 6 months
- Prolonged change in bowel habits
- Persistent abdominal pain
- Symptoms of bowel obstruction
- Significant unintentional weight loss of 10% or more of starting body weight